I feel it is very important to say, that there is no reason to look at any thinking, feeling or behavioural issues, that are at a normal healthy level in relation to self or others. It is only when one of these areas is generating negative consequences to self or others, that a closer look can be useful. Being able to be truthful about what is happening in your life can be a gradual process, and I feel my role is, to encourage and support you through this.
- Addictive and destructive dependant behaviours, with substances and processes.
- Substances – alcohol, drugs both prescribed and elicit, nicotine, caffeine, food.
- Processes – shopping, sex, gambling, work, excessive internet use, social networking.
- Relationships, too needy, too fearful, too controlling, too obsessive, too worried about what the other person may feel or think, too responsible at an unhealthy level.
- Lifestyle being ruined by someone else having addictive problems, and being unable to acknowledge, their impact on your life.
- Loss & bereavement and also feeling great sadness, for not being able to achieve something you have always longed for.
- Relief from depression depending on medical and social evidence.
- Low self esteem
- Loss of direction motivation and purpose.
- Anger and intolerance Making everyone or everything else responsible for the quality and state of your life.
- Abuse, PTSD resulting from various types of trauma.
- Sadness but without any particular reason.
- Phobias & OCD
You are very welcome to phone or send an email or sms, and I will come back to you in order to arrange a free telephone assessment, or an in person consultation, also price negotiable, in order to arrange a first session to begin to identify issues and come up with a plan.
Fees for sessions will vary depending on a person’s circumstances. I work with individuals, couples, and families in a group. The location of sessions can be discussed, and circumstances may at times require sessions or follow-up being by phone.
Case management, assessment, identification of appropriate resources and ongoing support has a separate fee structure.
Systemic Interventions can be arranged and managed, also requiring a separate fee structure, and possibly requiring the involvement of a fellow Therapist from London, or nearby.
I am able to see clients both in Ashbourne and in central London, having professional connections with other therapists, psychiatric support and facilities, in and around Harley Street.
Living and working in Ashbourne and in London, I am able to see clients from a broad area.
Depending on your idea of a reasonable journey, time spent travelling can be very well used, both to and from a session. Areas covered include Derbyshire and Staffordshire; Buxton, Matlock, Alfreton, Ripley, Belper, Derby, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Leek, Stoke on Trent, and surrounding villages.